Thursday 3 February 2011

Time up
by
nicholas ayoola oladehin
drenched of all strength,
weak and shivering,
am a prisoner caged in my own body,
enduring the pains from within,
threatening to eat my inner bits.
while pains un-endurable
reside in me
making my body a temporary home
wielding the iron rod at will
claiming supremacy over my being
forcing me to bow and kneel at will
a slave to my own self
it forces me to follow a routine
and wakes me up at odd hours
against my wish and will
it cripples me
and puts all activities to a halt
giving commands and taking charge.
this ULCER has overstayed its visit
am showing it the front door
am gathering inner strength
enough to send it back to hell

2 comments:

  1. You were born a poet. I like the way you craft all your works with consistency. Kudos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @kennisblegad....thanks for the comments bruv..i remain humble.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments here. Thank you...