Tuesday 18 January 2011

My Tamuno!!!
by
nicholas ayoola oladehin
An African princess
From the Far East
Came my way on a winter night
Radiant and full of cheer
Adorned with the treasures of womanhood.
I speak of a truth,
Tamuno reminds me of the day
Newly formed after a dark night.
This radiantly light skinned queen
Spotless,
Glows like a sparkling screen.
I, a humble young man
Crave for the heart of Tamuno.
To win her heart,
I travelled the length of the Northeast
Studying the chemistry of her heart
I mapped her compass route
And travelled the paths all day
I walked through the night
Till the day was born
I witnessed the summer
Turn into winter
With the springs romance
Seducing the day with fallen leaves
I became an alarm clock
A qualified early riser
I dreamed all day long
Through the night and far beyond
Tamuno reminds me of mum
And showers me with so much love
Even when am in my deepest dark mood
She meets me
With stretched out hands
And a shoulder to lean on.
In her presence I am shy
Or rather
I always pretended to be.
I have dreamed of a faraway trip
Just for two: you and me
On a cruise ship
Heading to an island
Large enough
But only fit for two
Lets be as the Crusoe’s clan
Shipwrecked on a faraway island
Just the two of us
Tamuno and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here. Thank you...