Sunday 16 January 2011

A poet like all men by nicholas ayoola oladehin
Am addicted to the pen
Am a lover of the ink
Am a fan of spoken words
Am the groom of a virgin sheet
In the land of dreams
While sleeping: like half dead
Inspirations of far yonder
Flood my anxious mind
I dream of knights on horses
And the thoughts of forever land
I dream of the land of the stars
A cosmos of endlessness
I dream of the rising sun
Journeying to the kingdom of night
I dream of Love-Divine
And am reminded of freshly picked roses
Gently bathed with the morning dew
I dream of Romeo
And I see Juliet in a velvet cloak
I dream of nothing, while yet I sleep
I wake and I sleep again
I travel to horizons unknown to man
Kingdoms yet undiscovered
Virgin terrains; scorching desserts
Places I'll rather not be
I have a pen
and a virgin sheet
I am like all men
..born a POET!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here. Thank you...