Wednesday 19 January 2011

NO MORE PLAIN..........by nicholas ayoola oladehin
When I need to be inspired, I grab a pen
Fiddling with thoughts that reoccur, I write!!!!
I journey to my hearts depth pondering on numerous thoughts
I pause, I am blank and clueless!!!
The plain sheet gazes at me, still a virgin and so bare
Earnestly waiting for my pen’s ink
I am blanked by the emptiness of thoughts that overshadow me
It is then that I wish an abyss will hide me in its emptiness
From the shame of thoughtlessness.
Though I crave for light, hope and reality...I need to be sane
I shut myself from reality to attain sanity
I hide myself from darkness to experience light
I hibernate in a world known to me alone
I conquer the war that sprouts from my mind
I crave for silence; absolute peace!!!
I yearn for ideas from within
I need a starting point; a foundation
I feel pity for the blank sheet...waiting earnestly
Maybe I shouldn’t be feeling pity
It has no sense of thought, feeling or....
It only awaits whatever it is given; either good or bad.
Out of more pity and much more of wanting to let out and give out
It finally comes as I write the first four words
Stealing the virginity from the paper, I write...’’Once upon a time’’.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here. Thank you...