Tuesday 11 January 2011

The chronicles of a visionist by nicholas ayoola oladehin
With eyes as red as blood
Am lost in a heart throbbing maze
Am feasting on my thoughts
Am caged in a cube
Destination yet unknown
I pinch myself to verify my status quo...
A dream?
Am seeing beta,
Am feeling alpha,
Am thinking gamma,
Yet my compass still reads north east...
This aint no dream!!!
The snow outside is still 8-inches thick,
My hearts still doing the triple beat,
For the fear of the unknown
In the mirror I still see me
Not a vampire even though it’s past twelve
My head bang sounds like a synchronised drum,
As I hear the distant echoes of sounds of a land called dream,
Where I believe I can find solace
And sleep forever
Clouding away the thoughts
That wades freely through my head
I see letters and numbers upside down
Jig-saw puzzles run through my head,
Silent blankness; utter dismay
Juggling thoughts that fail to answer the question why?
I beg sleep...please come take the pains away!!!!
Yet my mind remains flooded
With blood gushing through my veins
And eyes piercing through pitch darkness
Moments of truth stare me in the face
Memories of my past hunt me
My heart goes hollow
Am a tenant in an abyss
A choice-less prisoner without chains
Clad in a blanket, yet the cold makes it feel like rags
Am naked in my spirit; dead in my mind
Am void of peace and hope
I seek peace, something to trust in
Reality though stares me in the face
In my constant stagnant state of being in a limbo
Ive been told of a humble king
Whose words are printed in the holy book
He that assures me of the fear of no evil
Even when I venture through the valley of the shadows of death
He that prepares a table before me
In the very presence of my enemies
I dare to say that
‘’On this journey, on this mission, on this venture.....’’
He shall be my God.
(nicholas ayoola oladehin.....revised version Jan 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here. Thank you...